The man who begins to tithe will have six genuine surprises:
- Surprise at the amount of money he has for the Lord’s work.
- Surprise at the deepening of his own spiritual life in paying the tithe.
- Surprise at the ease in meeting his own obligations with the 9/10 with God’s blessing.
- Surprise at the ease in going on from 1/10 to larger giving.
- Surprise at the preparation this gives to be a faithful and wise steward over the 9/10 that remain.
- Surprise at himself in not adopting the biblical plan sooner.
(Charles E. Cowman)